RESPONSIVE. PRACTICAL. CREATIVE.
What makes a real estate attorney a trusted advisor? It is the combination of sound legal knowledge, the desire and ability to grasp a client’s concerns and goals, and a sensitivity to dynamic deals. The attorneys at Milazzo Webb Law, PLLC, offer broad experience in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate with a deep understanding of the legal elements and tools necessary to formulate solutions, assess and mitigate risk, and facilitate successful projects.
DEAL-MAKERS. NOT DEAL BREAKERS.
Our attorneys understand the commercial and residential real estate business and know that in today’s market, simply addressing legal issues or problems is not enough. It is critical to have legal counsel that can navigate legal requirements and regulations, and devise and carry out creative, yet practical solutions. We provide informed, efficient and responsive counsel to homeowners, entrepreneurs, small- business owners, developers, landlords, tenants, investors, and lenders regarding a full range of commercial and residential real estate issues for projects in North Carolina and throughout the United States
AREAS OF EXPERTISE INCLUDE:
- Acquisition, Disposition and Development of All Real Estate Asset Types
- Closings: Contract to Closing
- Retail, Office, Warehouse, Medical and Industrial Leasing and Subleasing
- Construction and Permanent Real Estate Financing
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Lending
- Portfolio Management
- 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges
- Ground Lease and Sale-Leaseback Transactions
- Easements, Restrictions and other Development Agreements
- Formation of Real Estate Related Business Entities and Joint Ventures
- Real Estate Related Litigation
- Condemnation and Eminent Domain Claims
- Construction Liens
- HOA Disputes
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Title Examinations and Opinions
- Boundary Line Disputes
REPRESENTATIVE TRANSACTIONS INCLUDE:
- Represented regional developer in refinancing of a $90,000,000 loan secured by a 581,000 square foot shopping center, together with a securitized loan. Also included giving and obtaining North Carolina enforceability opinions, Delaware UCC opinions and non-consolidation bankruptcy opinions.
- Represented client in the acquisition of 3 acres near Uptown Charlotte on the light-rail line with related brownfield issues and development of a $50,000,000 multi-family planned development of 331 apartments.
- Represented owner of office portfolio of 750,000 square feet in leasing to office tenants. Negotiated issues such as rights of first offer and refusal, expansion and contraction, early termination rights and tenant improvement allowances.
- Representation of retail developer in the acquisition of a property located within a mixed-use development and drafting and negotiation of a reciprocal easement agreement with hotel owner, common area owner and other retail owners.
- Represented a regional retail developer in the acquisition of undeveloped land for a 130,000 square foot shopping center anchored by a major grocery store, drafting of related covenants, conditions and restrictions and negotiation of all financing documents.
- Representation of regional developer for single-tenant and multi-tenant buildings projects located throughout the Southeast and Midwest, including work on acquisition contracts, due diligence, leasing to national tenants, easement agreements and other development issues.
- Negotiation of ground leases, reciprocal operating agreements, restrictive covenants, leases and outparcel sales for developer and tenant clients.
- Representation of clients in lender and equity investor negotiations for acquisition, development and construction financing, and drafting of associated opinion letters.